The Victorian Government created OVIC as a primary regulator and source of independent advice to the community and the Victorian Government about how the public sector collects, uses and shares information.
OVIC commenced operating on 1 September 2017 and comprises the functions that previously sat with the Offices of the Freedom of Information Commissioner and the Commissioner for Privacy and Data Protection.
- How to make an FOI request and FAQs
- Request an FOI review
- Make an FOI complaint
Phone FOI: 1300 842 364
- Information about the Victorian Protective Data Security Framework, Standards and Assurance Model
- Information about law enforcement data security
- Information for privacy professionals
- Make an enquiry or complaint about privacy
Phone PDP: 1300 666 444